Feed

Self Evaluation

by Kalbir on Wednesday 4 November 2009,

In Year 12 I chose to take Media Studies as I wanted to explore subjects with a focus more on humanities and language as opposed to the 4 scientific/logical subjects I took last year. I must admit, before starting the course I was under the impression that I would have to push myself to be motivated, but thankfully the subject has proved interesting and engaging, and lessons are never bland or dull (well, for the most part anyway).

Attainment
I would rate myself a 1 (excellent) for Attainment, which may sound surprising, but I have honestly learnt a massive amount in regards to Media this year. I’m able to use keywords effectively, analyse various texts in depth, and I even catch myself thinking about techniques used when, for instance, a bus drives past with a film advertisement on the side of it.

Effort
For effort I would rate myself a 3/4 (average/good) because while I do make an effort in class, I must admit that there are certain pieces of homework that I’ve not done on time or not made a complete effort with. Regardless, I do feel that I am putting in enough effort to attain a good grade at the end of the year (don’t quote me on that, just in case)

Punctuality
This is a rather tricky one, as I would rate myself a 1 (excellent) if only my lateness comes into question, in which case I can proudly say that I have yet to be late to a lesson, and instead usually end up being there early.
However, if this includes attendance, I’ll be honest with myself and say that my rating would drop drastically to a 3/2 (average/below average) because of all the lessons I missed last term. In my defence, it was out of my control because I was ill; however it is still an issue.

Submission and quality of homework
In all honestly, I will need to give myself a 3 (average) for this one. I’m pleased with all the work I’ve done so far, as I make an effort to use media terminology and a high standard of English throughout, but I have been late submitting homework on several occasions, especially after being ill. I should be on track soon, but I realise it does not excuse the lateness.

Ability to work independently
I would give myself a 2 (above average) for my ability to work independently because, while I am sometimes slightly lazy I am able to effectively work and can understand key concepts without much guidance.

Quality of writing
I would like to rate myself a 1 (excellent) for my quality of writing (forgive the seeming lack of modesty) as any work I do is written to a high standard of English and I make a conscious effort to use a wide vocabulary and include media terms.

Organisation of blog
I will honestly give myself a 2 (above average) for this, because while some work is missing (unavoidable due to absence) and the blog was rather empty for a while, the posts are clear and concise with all the work I was expected to do there.

Oral contributions in class
Due to more shortcomings in modesty, I would give myself a 1/2 (excellent/above average) for my contributions in class, as I always make an effort to answer questions, I am able to converse effectively with both the teachers and pupils in regards to work, and I sometimes voice opinions regardless of if I’m the only one with said views, which in turn can sometimes spark a (usually heated) debate.


0 comments for this entry:

Leave a Reply

Looking for something?

Search the Site

If you can't find what you are looking for, please leave a comment somewhere, subscribe to our feed and hopefully your question will be answered shortly, so please visit again!